I have my own drawer in the pantry for paleo ingredients and snacks, since my husband isn’t strictly doing paleo with me. It’s been exceedingly helpful to have one place to scour when I’m cooking or craving. The other drawers of grains and processed foods just don’t exist. Right? /sneaks a peak.
I always thought it would be helpful to have a guide as to what you can keep stocked in your pantry for paleo, so I’ve created one! The items italicized are ones that I don’t usually have or which I intend to stock. This post is strictly about the pantry. My paleo fridge and fruit basket will come in another post.
Oils and Fats
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Other oils – Avocado, Walnut, Seseme
- Fats – Bacon, Lard
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour/meal
- Almond butter
- Baking powder, baking soda
- Other nut or seed butters – e.g., Pecan, Sunflower
- Nuts – cashews, almonds, pistachios
- Seeds – sunflower seeds, pumpkin, chia
- Dried fruit – currants, cranberries, pineapple, blueberries
- Dark chocolate
- Coconut chips, flakes
- Meat jerky
- Fruit chips – plantain, apple
- Coconut milk
- Tomato products
- Beef/chicken/vegetable stock
- Spices! I won’t even try to itemize out my spice rack, but yes, spices are very important!
- Vinegars – balsamic, white, apple cider
- Maple syrup
- Tamarind paste
- Coconut sugar
- Raw honey
What’s in your paleo pantry?